Wendy’s long-awaited book, The Temple Experience: Passage to Healing and Holiness, is now available at LDS bookstores, at deseretbook.com, or at amazon.com. This book, twenty years in the writing, explores the temple as a place of healing and personal growth.
Here’s what a few people have had to say about the book:
- Sacred insight into the manifestations of God’s love experienced in His holy temples flows from the prose on these pages. Wendy Ulrich has the inspired wisdom to illuminate the metaphors and the divine significance inherent in temple ordinances.
– Rich Ferre, MD, psychiatrist for LDS Family Services missionary clinic and former chairman of child psychiatry for Primary Children’s Medical Center.
- With the insight of a psychologist and the heart of a disciple, Wendy’s masterful approach to the temple experience offers new light and meaning into how this sacred space can turn us more fully to the transformative and healing power of Jesus Christ. There are few thinkers and writers who can take any subject and make it seem new, simultaneously nourishing and igniting in me a spiritual hunger for deeper communion with the Divine. Wendy’s exploration here does just that.
– Ty Mansfield, MFT, marriage and family therapist and author/compiler of Voices of Hope: Latter-day Saint Perspectives on Same-gender Attraction.
- Wendy Ulrich masterfully articulates the beauties and necessities of our temples without compromising its sacredness. The Temple Experience is not only a great read for those who attend the temple regularly, but a must for those preparing to attend for the first time.
– Kathy Aiken, Broadcaster for KSL-TV and Mormon Channel